Saturday, January 10, 2009

frugal cleaning tip

a few years ago I worked at a local sporting good's store. one of those places that sold under armour, snowboards, bikes, north face, frisbee golf sets, you name it. well eventually my mom got me a job at her office and i jumped ship from the un-predictable schedule world of retail to the lovely paid holidays office world.

a week ago I was organizing our closests because if I don't organize them on winter break they won't get touched until I am on summer break from classes in May. I came across a box of clothes and random things. I found a few of my old work polo's that still had the store's logo on them. well in a moment of frugality genius, ha, I decided to cut those polo's up and create some more cleaning rags with them. it helps save me money by not using paper towels as often. and it helps elimate waste by not throwing away perfectly good shirts.

so moral of the story: cut up old shirts and make 'em into handy rags!

-M.

1 comment:

Pubbler said...

we do this with old towels.